Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Beatriz Milhazes





I love these colorfully vivid paintings by Brazilian artist Beatriz Milhazes.  They remind me of childhood wonder yet are hip and fast-paced.  I would love one hanging on a stark white wall.

Yesterday I watched this fantastic movie called Who Loves the Sun.  It stars Lukas Haas, Molly Parker and Adam Scott.  It's about friendship, betrayal, love, heartbreak, competition and all that kinda stuff... I strongly suggest it - the soundtrack is killer and the movie is shot against the Canadian Shield which is absolutely breathtaking.  At one point in the film Adam Scott says to Lukas Haas's character "You can't always get what you want..." and an enraged/frustrated Lukas yells back "Yeah, well if you try sometimes, you get what you fuckin' need!"  It's a classic Stones reference and I giggled a bit.  Overall, the film is extremely thoughtful and heart-warming and a pleasure to watch.
Okay lovelies... have a sweet sweet day! XOXO 

No comments: